Pyhala History

The cement block house is on the Mikko and Anna Pyhala farmstead. It was designed by Vern Pyhala, the thirteenth in a family of 17 children. According to Vern, the equipment used to make the blocks was purchased from the Montgomery Ward Company. Materials to build the entire house cost less than $400. It was constructed between 1942-1945.

>National Register of Historic Places